Be Heard In The Market
8.4 | Reality check: maximise your marketing
Return to Categories
- Have you researched the market, the customer base and the competition? Have you identified your target audience and niche segments of that audience? Have you created customer profiles?
- Do you know what their needs are and what makes them tick; do you know what they read, watch and listen to and how you'll reach and communicate with them?
- As a result, have you established your marketing objectives, strategies and promotional tools and tactics?
- Have you created your own marketing mix and marketing plan?
- Do you have a strapline and mission statement? Have your written down your Unique Selling Points? What is it that makes your offering different?
- Have you defined your brand? Do you have a logo designed?
- Have you brainstormed and used critiques and feedback to fine tune your pitches and marketing messages?
- Have you gathered your marketing and sales literature, printed business cards and letterheads?
- Do you have a website planned or in development so you can promote yourself to a global audience online?
- Have you created a PR strategy and a way to encourage word of mouth marketing? Have you prepared a list of media to make contact with/send samples and stories to?
- Have you established potential partnerships and developed win-win relationships?
- Have you a customer relationship management strategy in place?